The Music of Born of Shadow















The Music of Born of Shadow

Before I ever put pen to the paper, I imagine the action scenes in my mind like a movie scene. So I often turn to movie soundtracks to set the mood when I write. I also prefer song without lyrics because the words of the song mix with the words in the story, though I find if the words are sung in a different language, it doesn’t bother me.

I listen to a lot of music on Spotify, and whenever I hear a song that I think would work well for my story, I put it into a special playlist. One of the best ways to discover new music is to I also listen to music on the radio. If I ever hear a song that I think would fit my story well, I capture it on the Shazam app on my cell phone.

One of the advantages to posting stories on Wattpad is you can add images and music. So often I will search for these songs on Youtube and post the videos in my stories on Wattpad. That way readers can hit the play button and enjoy listening to the same songs while reading the chapters that I listened to while writing them. It’s a cool connection I have with my readers.

I listen to everything from Audiomachine to Fall Out Boy to Lisa Gerrard. If you would like to check out the playlist, click on the link below.  







Author Links








Click Banner!


Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram