Character Interview from Born of Shadow by Sarah Benson















SB: Welcome Kami. Tell us a little more about yourself.
Kami: I like in southern California (LaMesa) with my mom. My dad died of cancer when I was six, so it’s just the two of us.

SB: So is it really true you’ve never met your grandparents until just recently?
Kami: It is true. When my parents got married, his parents disowned him. They left Egypt and moved to California.

SB: How did you parents meet?
Kami: They were both attending the American University in Cairo. It was a love at first sight sort of thing.

SB: Was it strange to see your grandparents under those circumstances?
Kami: It was! I was afraid they wouldn’t like me.

SB: What are your grandparents like?
Kami: My grandfather (or Gedo) is an archeologist. He is obsessed with finding Alexander the Great’s tomb. He found some artifacts that he thinks may have been Alexander’s. He hasn’t had a chance to finish the excavation yet, but he’s hoping to find the tomb. My grandmother (or Neina) loves her family and cooking. I received the scarab necklace and my powers through her bloodline.

SB: What is your favorite thing to do back home in California?
Kami: I love to run! When I run, I feel I am in control of at least one thing in my life. I also like to sing karaoke. It surprises a lot of people since I’m a little shy, but when I start singing, I forget about the world and I’m not nervous.

SB: You have a pet turtle named Galileo.
Kami: Yes, named after my favorite scientist.

SB: Do you have any other pets? Would you like more?
Kami: No. I used to have a dog named Bailey. I think I would like another dog someday, but it’s hard to imagine any dog being as special to me as Bailey was.

SB: So I understand you recently broke up with someone. Can you tell us more about it? And do you have a new boyfriend?
Kami: Yes. I was dating a guy named Vance, but we broke up. Let’s just say, it didn’t take too long to realize that we didn’t have much in common. He was also way too controlling. I wasn’t looking to date anyone after Vance and I broke up, but then Liam came into my life.

SB: How did you meet Liam?
Kami: He sat next to me on a plane ride to Egypt. The plane was attacked, by the way. But that’s too big of a story to go into here.

SB: Tell us more about Liam.
Kami: How do I describe Liam? He’s a Brit. He’s good-looking. Unfortunately, he knows it. He’s constantly driving me nuts, then he turns around and does the sweetest things. I think we’re good together because he’s more adventurous and he’s always pushing me to try new things. Sometimes he doesn’t think through things, though, so that’s where I come in.

SB: What is your impression of Egypt?
Kami: I don’t think I really had a chance to experience Egypt under normal conditions. I would love to come back without anyone missing and without being chased by anyone!

SB: Thank you so much for chatting with us today.
Kami: Thanks for having me!


Author Links








Click on Banner!


Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram