Excerpt from Frost, Author of the Month E. Latimer













I froze the first guy I ever kissed, and I don’t mean he got cold feet.

We were sitting on his bed. His parents were out, and the door was closed. I ran my fingers over the bumps in his feather comforter, looking at everything but him. The mattress shifted as he leaned forward, and then his lips gently brushed mine, sending a delicious shiver over my skin. I closed my eyes.

Was I doing this right? Could he tell how nervous I was?

His fingers tangled in my hair, bringing me closer, and my skin tingled all over. The scent of cologne made me lightheaded. I wanted to stop time in that moment, to make it last forever.



And then he stopped.

My eyes fluttered open. His hand was still grasping my hair, and he was perfectly still. Eyes shut, lashes shadowing his pale cheeks.

"Adam?"

His lips were blue.

I gasped, trying to scramble away, held fast by my hair. "You're scaring me. Let go!"

A thin, white network of shining ice had formed on his cheeks. When he exhaled, his breath crystallized and hung between us. He didn't move or blink.

"Adam!" I twisted in his grip, extracting myself painfully, leaving him clutching a fistful of blond hair.

He blinked and shook his head. Then his teeth began to chatter. "What...?"

I ran—through the hallway and out the door, barrelling down the sidewalk, my heart thundering in my ears the whole way.

At home, I crawled into bed and pretended to be sick for the rest of the week. Until I could tell myself that I really had been sick. That I’d been feverish and delusional.

That was how it started, back when I was living in California, where I belonged. Then my uncle and aunt moved us to the frozen tundra they call Canada, to some hick town named Grande Prairie.

And that was when it all went to hell.



-LINKS-

Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Wanted to pop by and say thank you for being such an awesome supporter.Launch month was fab and DDB was definitely a big part of that! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome!! So glad that I could help with you launch month! You are an amazing writing and wish nothing but the best for you! :D I look forward to being a supporter and fan!

      Delete

Instagram